I am confused.

I have recently found the Mcaffee command line scanner on several freeware
apps.  Is it free?  They claim everything on their site is 100% legit.

Additionally they even explain how to update it using the superdat.

Is it too old to be properly effective??  Not the signatures but the engine
of course.

What is missing from the rendition of the commandline scanner because I know
nothing in life is free!!

Thanks

DC