I first wrote:
The use of MAC address will break my network config.

Scott Perry wrote :
Do you mean that you have a MAC address that changes constantly? Could you please explain how that works?

My reply;
Let me preface with my initial post was somewhat lame and at best too brief.

As you read this please keep in mind that this is a NOT YET deployed scenerio.
However all supporting hardware and software have already been purchased.

We will be installing IMAIL and after today SmarterMail on sw-soft.com VPS servers.
I have the machines set up now with 5 dual nics @ 10 ports per VPS hardware allocation.
1 independant NIC Port on each VPS deployed.
10(max) VPS per dual xeon3.2 w/ win 2003 server & 8gigs ram.
Now even under this scenerio the machine name would still report the base installs host name
over all VPS deployed. Declude would still work under this scenerio.

This Mac Address thing is going to get real interesting on
these servers from what I can see in a VPS Scenerio.

Does declude or anyone else have any input about VPS and
multiple NICs/MACs on each VPS Hardware deployment?
Of course VPS on windows is fairly new so I do not expect much input but I think
declude may want to find out what limitations will be meet in the VPS market,
and how this lic issue needs will be addressed.

For more about the VPS software  for windows see;
http://www.sw-soft.com/en/virtuozzo/enterprise/windows/

Just looking for more input on this.
With virtuoso we can move actual complete OSs with complete config
from one VPS on the same server or to a completly different hardeware deployment.

All that being said the the 60 day grace period sounds like it would work fine.
And any admin that lets things slide longer than that has no business with a network.

Greg Hedgepath

R. Scott Perry wrote:

The use of MAC address will break my network config.

Do you mean that you have a MAC address that changes constantly? Could you please explain how that works?

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.

----
This outgoing message is guaranteed to be authentic by Message Level users.
Guarantee the authenticity of your email @ http://www.messagelevel.com.

-
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by declude AntiVirus Software]

- [This E-mail scanned for viruses by declude AntiVirus Software]