Hi:

>> I am sure they will end up doing what AT&T does and just blackhole
queries to certain RBL's. <<

And rightfully so - ISP are offering "domain name resolution" service to
their customers.  However, RBLs don't really qualify as "domain name
resolution", even though they use the public DNS to store and propagate the
information.

As you say - it's absolutely necessary (and proper) to run your own DNS to
avoid trouble with upstream providers.

Best Regards
Andy Schmidt

Phone:  +1 201 934-3414 x20 (Business)