From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kami Razvan
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2005 6:41 PM
To: Declude.Virus@declude.com
Subject: RE: [Declude.Virus] Windows Update!

Hi Andrew:

We have Microsoft in our spam domains- but the problem is Microsoft sends email from so many different reverse DNS.

ISV, MSDN, MSN, Office Newsletter-- all are sent from different providers.  For example:

Here is our MS filter:

MINWEIGHTTOFAIL  2

MAILFROM 1 ENDSWITH  @microsoft.com
MAILFROM 1 ENDSWITH  .microsoft.com
MAILFROM 1 ENDSWITH  .arvatousa.net

REVDNS 1 ENDSWITH  .microsoft.com
REVDNS 1 ENDSWITH  .zomax.com

But I have seen them send from other reverse dns.

So it is not that easy- at least I don't think it is.

These emails are being held at 30+ weight in our system.  All these emails will go to a spam folder for the user (under weight 50) and are deleted at 50.  I am afraid they can think it is a valid email in their spam folder.. who knows.

I think we should track this one closely.

Regards,

Kami