Here is something we use on the agent machines to help block some common
spyware sites we bought 150 licenses and set up WGET to update it
automatically nightly.

http://www.spywareguide.com/blockfile.php

We also use spyware blaster, spybot, ms Anti-spy and have written some
custom reg blocks that prevent some things from running, like AOL IM so that
someone doesn't install wild tangent.  This is what we use, on XP only:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explor
er]
"DisallowRun"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explor
er\DisallowRun]
"1"="aim.exe"
"2"="stcloader.exe"
"3"="sahagent.exe"