Well, the answer lies within how those features were introduced. When the
first wave of viruses came out using zip files, we blocked zip files
entirely. But then we asked for a way to pass EZIP files, so Scott added
that feature whereby BANEXT ZIP did not ban EZIPs, instead introducing
BANEXT EZIP. Then when waves of viruses started to come out using EZIP
files, the first thing we did was ban then and then asked Scott to come up
with a work around. He did this by introducing BANZIPEXTs and BANEZIPEXTS
which only banned a zip or EZIP if it had a file in it that was banned. But
that is only for Pro version.

So if you are using Pro version, you can just use BANZIPEXTS and BANEZIPEXTS
if desired, leaving "BANEXT ZIP" and "BANEXT EZIP" in the virus.cfg but
commented out. That way, if there is a sudden need to do so, it can be done
quickly.

John T
eServices For You