Why not catch it with less resources via banning hta files and BANZIPEXTS and BANEZIPEXTS?

John T

eServices For You

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Panda Consulting S.A. Luis Alberto Arango
Sent:
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 4:56 PM
To: Declude.Virus@declude.com
Subject: [Declude.Virus] Virus Feebs variant warning

I just got a message from a gmail account (forged)
With a data.zip attached. It has a hta file inside.

subject: Secure Mail
The body says

ID: 46271
Password: zgbvndwdx

Message is attached.

Sincerely,
Protected Mail System,
Gmail.com

Using virustotal.com it is only catched by very few companies.

This is a report processed by VirusTotal on
01/26/2006 at 01:38:32 (CET) after scanning the file "data.zip" file.

This is a report processed by VirusTotal on 01/26/2006 at 01:38:32 (CET) after scanning the file "data.zip" file.

Antivirus

Version

Update

    Result

AntiVir

6.33.0.77

01.25.2006

    no virus found

Avast

4.6.695.0

01.25.2006

    no virus found

AVG

718

01.25.2006

    Worm/Feebs

Avira

6.33.0.77

01.25.2006

    no virus found

BitDefender

7.2

01.26.2006

    no virus found

CAT-QuickHeal

8.00

01.25.2006

    no virus found

ClamAV

devel-20051123

01.26.2006

    no virus found

DrWeb

4.33

01.25.2006

    Win32.HLLM.Graz

eTrust-InoculateIT

23.71.60

01.25.2006

    no virus found

eTrust-Vet

12.4.2056

01.25.2006

    Win32/Feeb!ZIP

Ewido

3.5

01.25.2006

    no virus found

Fortinet

2.54.0.0

01.26.2006

    JS/Feebs.fam-mm

F-Prot

3.16c

01.25.2006

    no virus found

Ikarus

0.2.59.0

01.25.2006

    no virus found

Kaspersky

4.0.2.24

01.25.2006

    Worm.Win32.Feebs.gen

McAfee

4682

01.25.2006

    no virus found

NOD32v2

1.1380

01.25.2006

    JS/TrojanDownloader.Tivso.gen

Norman

5.70.10

01.25.2006

    JS/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Panda

9.0.0.4

01.25.2006

    no virus found

Sophos

4.01.0

01.25.2006

    no virus found

Symantec

8.0

01.26.2006

    W32.Feebs

TheHacker

5.9.3.081

01.26.2006

    no virus found

UNA

1.83

01.25.2006

    no virus found

VBA32

3.10.5

01.25.2006

    no virus found

F-prot, Mcaffe, ClamAV are not catching it.

meanwhile I am banning it via the body of the email. Catching "Protected Mail System"