I thought that AV false positives can occur with definitions for known virus names.  In other words, if a message gets tagged as Bagle, it might be legit 0.00001% of the time.  So would this really be a complete solution?

Matt

Colbeck, Andrew wrote:
Markus would find this handy (as would other die-hards who are often see
to post in this forum) and would be willing to maintain a small list of
entries for which he would like this behaviour.

However, in addition to the FORGINGVIRUS DNS lookup feature that Declude
already implements*, perhaps they would be interested in also
implementing a DNS lookup feature for known virus names that customers
could just delete out of hand.

This would of course require ongoing maintenance on their part, and
trust from their customers.  Declude would provide a new switch to
govern this behaviour, which would default to OFF, e.g.

AUTODELETEKNOWNWORMS ON

Thus, Markus would be satisfied with being able to manually pick and
choose which virus families to delete, and administrators who want less
hands-on involvement could turn ON this feature to save disk space.

*The existing feature exists to skip email notification when the scanner
engine returns the name of a known virus/worm that Declude knows forges
the MAILFROM.  The FORGINGVIRUS xxxxx feature is a manual version of
this feature that lets the Declude customer add in more viruses.  As far
as I know, Declude.com does not keep a public list of the virus names
that they test for via DNS.  Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of
this.

Andrew 8)