From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Matt
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 2:45 PM
To: Declude.Virus@declude.com
Subject: Re: [Declude.Virus] F-Prot Switches

I think that in the context of scanning E-mail, where executables are normally banned, this switch has far less risk of a false positive.  Generally, virus scanners in Declude are only run on executables and _javascript_, and most executables are in fact viruses.  On a desktop or server, there are far more executables that could be legitimate and the extra heuristics might be unwanted.

Matt

marc wrote:
really rare information about the /AI Switch...

just found this about "Neural network":
http://www.f-prot.com/support/windows/fpwin_faq/17.html

We will not use it, because increases the risk of false alarms.

marc