From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Darrell ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 5:44 AM
To: declude.virus@declude.com
Subject: Re: [Declude.Virus] Bug in mismatched extensions causes backscatter on spam

Matt,

I agree with everyone of your points - My intent was to bring it up that I had reported this issue up a long time ago as I also thought that what was happening was undesirable.  However, at the time Scott did not feel this was a bug.  However, times change and back scatter is a huge issue.  Maybe thats enough now to convince for an alteration of behavior.  As my preference would be to handle mismatched exe's as its own class of which I would not send bannotify messages for.

Darrell
Check out http://www.invariantsystems.com for utilities for Declude And Imail.  IMail/Declude Overflow Queue Monitoring, SURBL/URI integration, MRTG Integration, and Log Parsers.