Hi Bonno,

Don't know if there was a howto, now there is one :-)

there are two compilations of Clam on Windows, ClamWin and SOSDG ClamAV.
(http://www.sosdg.org/clamav-win32)
I think both are running stable at the moment, but I'm not sure (ClamAV was not
really stable about a year or two ago)

We use ClamAV, I think ClamWin is almost the same.

*         Install ClamAV

*         Configure ClamAV to run as a Service/Daemon (you can run it without
the service, but it will save you CPU cycles)

*         Create a job that starts Freshclam (Signature Update)

*         If you want, create a job that gets the Sanesecurity Signatures
(Anti-Phising, really great!, http://www.sanesecurity.co.uk/)

*         Configure Declude the use runclamscan

Daemon:
C:\clamav-devel\thirdparty\runclamd  (Install the thirdparty Tools)
Modify the ini file, start runclamd --install, "net start runclamd"
Check the logfile, I've got the problem with Windows 64, that it won't start on
the first try. Windows 32 works well. Don't know, if it's the server or
anything else.

Freshclam:
C:\clamav-devel\bin\freshclam.exe --log c:\logs\Freshclam-update.log
(here you can find errors, default is C:\clamav-devel\log\...)

Sanesecurity:
Simple Batch
---
cd\temp
wget http://www.sanesecurity.com/clamav/phishsigs/phish.ndb.gz
wget http://www.sanesecurity.com/clamav/scamsigs/scam.ndb.gz
unzip phish.ndb.gz
unzip scam.ndb.gz
copy phish.ndb C:\clamav-devel\share\clamav\phish.ndb
copy scam.ndb C:\clamav-devel\share\clamav\scam.ndb
del c:\temp\phish.ndb
del c:\temp\scam.ndb
---

Declude:
C:\clamav-devel\thirdparty\runclamscan

The readme says:
SCANFILE3 C:\imail\declude\runclamscan.exe log=1
C:\clamav-devel\bin\clamdscan.exe --quiet --mbox -l report.txt
VIRUSCODE3 1
REPORT3 FOUND

But the --mbox option isn't recognized any more.

I have:
SCANFILE C:\imail\declude\runclamscan.exe log=1
C:\clamav-devel\bin\clamdscan.exe --quiet -l report.txt
VIRUSCODE 1
REPORT FOUND
in my virus.cfg

You can test both, ClamDscan and ClamScan (C:\clamav-devel\bin), ClamDScan uses
the Daemon if it's available.
Btw: I tried it right now, "ClamDscan C:\temp" and "ClamScan C:\temp"
ClamDscan takes 0.375 seconds, ClamScan 10.359.

Alex