Some of my clients need to be able to receive password-protected ZIP files and I'm wondering if people on this list ban the EZIP extension outright, or if they allow it but ban all the other extensions that could be harmful from within a EZIP file.

Declude's virus.cfg file states that
# The BANEXT EZIP line blocks all encrypted .ZIP and .RAR files, which is necessary # to be fully protected against viruses (since it is impossible to detect a well-
# constructed virus within an encrypted .ZIP or .RAR file)

Is this true? Do you need to ban it outright? or are the other bans adequate?

Thanks.

Kevin