Cara tem um botão HELP na mesma tela...
Pq pra cada versão de DELPHI tem mais ou menos opções,

Por exemplo no D7 que acessei por VNC tem o seguinte no HELP...

Use the Code Insight page to configure Code Insight options. Code Insight
tools are available while you are working in the Code editor.

Warning: Code Insight is not enabled unless you have a project open in the
IDE. For example, when working on a package, you can't use Code Insight.

Automatic Feature When Enabled (aqui tem 5 opções..)

1) Code completion  ( no help clicando aqui terá mais informação...)
When you enter a class name followed by a period in the Code editor, the
list of properties, methods and events appropriate to the class is
displayed. You can then select the item and press Enter to add it to your
code. Enter an assignment statement and press Ctrl+Space. A list of
arguments that are valid for the variable is displayed. Select an argument
to be entered in your code.Note: You can always invoke Code completion using
Ctrl+Space, even if the automatic feature is disabled.
In the Code editor, code completion displays a resizable hint window that
lists valid elements that you can select from and add to your code. You can
specify how the items in the code completion hint window are sorted by
right-clicking in the box and choosing Sort by Name or Sort by Scope.
Code completion in Delphi works in a unit's implementation section and also
within a class declaration in the interface section. See class completion.
When the code completion list is displayed, you can hold down Ctrl and click
on any identifier in the list to browse to its declaration. Also, in the
Code editor, if you hover the mouse pointer over the identifier, a hint
window tells where it is declared. You can press Ctrl, point to the
identifier in the code (it changes to blue underline, by default, and the
insertion point changes to a hand pointing), and click to move to its
declaration.
Automatic code completion is on by default. Options for turning it on and
off are located on the Code Insight page of the Tools|Editor Options dialog.
Code completion is also available for HTML code in HTML documents. See HTML
code completion.
To use code completion:
Following are ways to use code completion as you are working in the IDE:
Type the name of a variable that represents a pointer to a class instance
followed by Ctrl+Space to display the properties, methods, and events
available in the class. To invoke code completion for a pointer type, the
pointer must first be dereferenced.
 For example, type:
 self.
 Type an arrow for a pointer to an object.
 You can also type the name of non-pointer types followed by a period (.) to
see its list of inherited and virtual properties, methods, and events.
For example, type:
 var test: TRect;
 :
 :
 begin
   test.
 Type an assignment operator or the beginning of an assignment statement and
press Ctrl+Space to display a list of possible values for the variable.
 Type a procedure, function, or method call and press Ctrl+Space to display
a list of arguments. Arguments that are valid for assignment to the variable
entered are listed. Select an item from the list followed by the ellipsis
(.) to open a second list of related arguments compatible with the variable
entered in the assignment statement.
Type a record to display a list of fields.
 Type an array property (not a genuine array) and press Ctrl+Space to
display an index expression.
 On a blank statement line, you can also press Ctrl+Space to display symbols
from additional RTL units even if they are not used by the current unit.
The hint window list box filters out all interface method declarations that
are referred to by property read or write clauses. The list box displays
only properties and stand-alone methods declared in the interface type.
Code completion supports WM_xxx, CM_xxx, and CN_xxx message methods based on
like named constants from all units in the uses clause.
To select an item to be entered in your code:
Select an item in the list and click on it or press Enter.
 Type until the characters entered select the entry in the list you want to
include and press Enter. The list filters as you type.
 In an interface section, you can choose one or more items using Ctrl or
Shift and press Enter.
Different items appear in different colors in the list. For example, by
default, procedures are teal, functions are dark blue.
Abstract methods are shown in red.

2) Code parameters ( no help clicando aqui terá mais informação...)
View the arguments of a method call as you enter them into your code.Note:
You can always invoke Code parameters using Shift+Ctrl+Space, even if the
automatic feature is disabled.
If the code parameters features is enabled (Tools|Editor Options and click
the Code Insight tab), when you enter a routine or method call followed by
the opening parenthesis a hint window displays the arguments for the called
routine or method. Press Shift+Ctrl+Space to display the hint window at any
time, whether or not the code parameters option is on.
Note: Code parameters features work best when you have already built your
application and have created a precompiled header. Otherwise, you need to
wait for the compiler to generate the required information.

3) Tooltip expression evaluation ( no help clicando aqui terá mais
informação...)
When the compiler is stopped while debugging, you can view the value of a
variable by pointing to it with your cursor.
To make it easy to see the value of a variable at any point, enable Tooltip
expression evaluation. When you are debugging and you're stopped, you can
point to a variable to display its value at that time.
If the compiler must determine the value, you may see a blinking bubble that
says Evaluating rather than showing the value immediately.
To enable Tooltip expression evaluation, choose Tools|Editor Options, click
the Code Insight page, and check Tooltip expression evaluation.

4) Tooltip symbol insight ( no help clicando aqui terá mais informação...)
Display declaration information (in a hint window) for any identifier by
passing the mouse over it in the Code editor.
Tooltip symbol insight displays declaration information for any identifier
when you pass the mouse over it in the Code editor. A hint window shows the
kind of identifier (procedure, function, type, constant, variable, unit, and
so forth), the unit file, and line number of its declaration.
Tip: Enabling the Code Insight options can reduce performance. To disable
the options, choose Tools|Editor Options, choose the Code Insight page, and
uncheck them.
 In Delphi, you can use the Code Browser feature to jump directly to the
declaration.

5) Delay
Set the duration of the pause before a Code Insight dialog box is displayed.

Tip:  Enabling the Code Insight options can reduce performance.
To disable the options, choose Tools|Editor Options, click the Code Insight
page, and uncheck them.

Pra cada um no HELP tem um explicação mais abrangente..

[]s

Luiz Escobar