VirtualBOX OS ??  veja agora...
Vá na parte de DOWNLOADS e verá que apenas a versão "VirtualBOX OSE (Open
Source Edition)" é gratuita, vem os fontes pra vc compilar, agora o VirtualBOX
binaries é apenas para uso pessoal ou avaliação:

VirtualBox binaries ¶
The binaries in this section are all released under the VirtualBox Personal Use
and Evaluation License (PUEL). By downloading, you agree to the terms and
conditions of that license.

VirtualBox Personal Use and Evaluation License (PUEL) ¶
This license applies if you download the full VirtualBox binaries from the
Downloads page. It does not apply to the VirtualBox Open Source Edition (OSE),
which falls under the GPL instead; see Editions for details about the
differences between these releases.

In summary, the VirtualBox PUEL allows you to use VirtualBox free of charge

  a.. for personal use or, alternatively,
  b.. for product evaluation.
In addition, academic use of VirtualBox is also permitted free of charge by the
PUEL.

If you do not belong to either category, you will have to purchase a commercial
license. Do not hesitate to contact Sun Microsystems, Inc. in this matter.

If you are confused by the legalese below, you may also want to take a look at
our Licensing FAQ to answer a few common questions.

Sem contar que a OSE não tem aceleração para video e mais algumas coisas como...

Open Source VirtualBox and other editions ¶
After several years of intensive development, VirtualBox was released as Open
Source in January 2007. innotek has chosen to release its VirtualBox source
code under the GNU General Public License (GPL).

If you are interested in using VirtualBox -- either for private or business use
--, you have the choice between two versions:

  a.. The full VirtualBox package is available in binary (executable) form free
of charge from the Downloads page. This version is free for personal use and
evaluation under the terms of the VirtualBox Personal Use and Evaluation
License.
  If, instead, you wish to purchase licenses for enterprise use and/or
enterprise support for VirtualBox, please do not hesitate to contact your Sun
representative.

  a.. The VirtualBox Open Source Edition (OSE) is the one that has been
released under the GPL and comes with complete source code. It is functionally
equivalent to the full VirtualBox package, except for a few features that
primarily target enterprise customers. This gives us a chance to generate
revenue to fund further development of VirtualBox.
  VirtualBox OSE is also available from the Downloads page.

Closed-source features ¶
The following list shows the enterprise features that are only present in the
closed-source edition. Note that this list may change over time as some of
these features will eventually be made available with the open-source version
as well.

  a.. Remote Display Protocol (RDP) Server
  This component implements a complete RDP server on top of the virtual
hardware and allows users to connect to a virtual machine remotely using any
RDP compatible client.

  a.. USB support
  VirtualBox implements a virtual USB controller and supports passing through
USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 devices to virtual machines.

  a.. USB over RDP
  This is a combination of the RDP server and USB support allowing users to
make USB devices available to virtual machines running remotely.

  a.. Serial ATA controller
  Like a real SATA controller, VirtualBox's virtual SATA controller operates
faster and also consumes less CPU resources than the virtual IDE controller.
Also, this allows you to connect more than three virtual hard disks to the
machine.

[]s

Luiz Escobar