O/H [EMAIL PROTECTED] έγραψε:

> Delphi 5.
> Have a TDBGrid attached to a TDataset.
>
> The dataset has a custom filter ie
> procedure TForm1.OnFilterRecord(DataSet: TDataSet; var Accept: Boolean); ...
>
> Sometimes, the filter will only pick out a handful of records from a large
> dataset. Say 7 records.
>
> I notice the grid does not display any entries until all 7 have been found
> (the grid contains more than 7 rows). To find all 7, the entire file has
> been scanned.
>
> Is there a way to update the grid immediately: as soon as OnFilterRecord
> has returned Accept=true ?
>
> That is, the grid would populate rows (plop, plop, plop) as the entire
> file was scanned and each of the records found. The user could then CANCEL
> when they saw their record come up. Instead of waiting for the entire file
> to be filtered/scanned.
>
> Dataset.Refresh starts the while process over again: that is not what I
> want.
>
> Feels like I want a "grid.refresh" method: an Application.ProcessMessages
> sort of thing, to ensure the grid is actually displaying the record which
> I know has just been accepted in OnFilterRecord.
>
> Is there a trick, or am I deluding myself, and should take a different
> approach... ?
>
> Many thanks in advance.

Hi

the Filter/Filtered/OnFilterRecord set
works more or less the way you describe.

It seems that this is not the functionality you really need.

 From what you describe I understand (possibly I'm wrong)
that you want an operation where
   1. a kind of filtering is applied to the rows of a dataset
      testing the rows one by one
   2. when a row passes the test, it is moved to SECOND dataset
      and displayed to a second grid.

If the above is correct, then you have to code it by yourself.
The filtering capabilities of the TDataset do not cover that
kind of functionality.

--
Regards
Theo