Sounds like it is a memory issue. My guess is that the JPG component is
rendering the images as BMPs in RAM. If you have lots of images in a report,
they probably use up the available memory and then start swapping to disk.
That could explain the progressive slowing.

Use a memory profiling tool and see if that is the problem. Do you have source
code to the RAVE components? That can be enlightening.

Go to 64 Bit Windows and add more RAM?

I use D2010 and RAVE 8.0.1, so I can't help much more than this.