Yanbo the Imagelist is a flawed component (Hmm wonder where I have heard
that before).
If you are allocating beyond its resources, it will stop taking more images.
It seems to be like at the point of where the component requires disk cache,
rather than memory.
For example at 640x480 bitmaps you will get a max on most machines of around
20 images, but it does vary.
Not only, but also, there seems to be a problem on some machines with
Comctrl32.dll version, which also stuffs this component up.
Its a pity, because on first looks it appears to be a damned fine component.

I opt for an array of Fastbitmaps for my app in lieu of imagelist. If speed
is not a prerequisite, you could easily use an array of bitmaps instead.
Al+