I made the change a few months back.
Is is really hard work, especially if the db is well normalised.
In that case when is it edited,  you will be editing views. This is not a
drop in replacement for TTable!!

The trick is, when you first start, subclass TQuery and possibly TTable and
TDatasource.

It makes customisations so much easier later.

Support for SQL is a major failure in the Wol2Wol Components. and in subtle
ways, in D4 itself. (Tquery.Refresh not virtual)

Food for Thought.
John