OK, before you say anything, I had no choice but to work with Access tables
that have an autokey field. So you can probably guess what my question is
going to be (I've tried all the different options that I know of).

After I've posted a record to an Acess table with an auto key index field,
the autokey field returns a 0 value. I assume this is because the mechanism
for assigning the key value occurs in the Access driver (by the way, I'm
using the BDE native support, not ODBC) which doesn't update the BDE
controls until you do something - but I've tried moving back, then forth,
still no joy :-(

Anyone have the answer?

Thanks,

Phil.