-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tuesday, December 15, 1998 10:41 AM
Subject: [DUG]: Data Modelling tools

>I have been looking at data modelling tools for some time and have yet to
>find one that knows Interbase (rather than ODBC).  Cany anyone make any
>suggestions/reccommendations?

As noted Sybase PowerDesigner DataArchitect 6.1 supports Interbase 4.0 and
you can
customize the models if need be. It uses high class Intersolve ODBC drivers
and
at least with Oracle, will perfectly reverse engineer off create table
scripts or directly from
server tables.

The web trial is reasonably compact to download but the per seat cost is
reasonably
high in NZ dollars, over $4000.00

Still its worthwhile if you have to maintain complex systems. It will also
interoperate with
Rational Rose.

Cheers
Steve Cooney