From: Struan Judd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thursday, December 24, 1998 10:53 AM
Subject: RE: [DUG]: a couple of queries.

Matthew,

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Comb [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, 24 December 1998 09:45
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject: [DUG]: a couple of queries.

Hi people and merry Christmas to all of you.

A couple of queries that you may be able to help me with.

1. How do you enter a *.reg file into the registry from within delphi.

I've generally just called "ShellExecute" in the "shellapi" unit.
Check out the help for the parameters and usage

2. How do you register an active-x/com server dll on a system. Normally
I would drag it onto regsvr32. How do you do this from within delphi.

There is a "RegisterComServer" procedure in Delphi that connects to a
DLL and calls the "DllRegisterServer" export.

Cheers.

Matt.

TTFN.
----
Struan Judd <*>EMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CJN Technologies Ltd Phone: +64 (9) 415 4796
All opinions mine only Mobile:+64 (21) 685 335