New Zealand Borland Developers Association FAQ
                           Last updated: 19/5/1998

Questions:

Q. Who/What is the BDA?
Q. How can I contact members of the BDA and/or Borland New Zealand?
Q. What mailing lists are available?
Q. Show how do I subscribe?
Q. Is there a digest list available?
Q. What else can I do with [EMAIL PROTECTED]?
Q. If I want to share my components with other DUG users, what can I do?
Q. Where can I find out about Delphi 4?
Q. Where else can I get help?

Answers:

Q. Who/What is the BDA?
A. Borland Developers Association
   4 Bond St, Grey Lynn
   Tel (09)-360 0231
   Email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

   The BDA provides a forum for corporate. contract, and individual
   developers using Borland products: Delphi, C++, C++ Builder, J Builder
   (Java), IntraBuilder, Interbase, Midas, Entera, Turbo Pascal, Paradox &
   dBase etc.

   The main activity of the association is our online service,
   www.delphi.org.nz, and the New Zealand List Server, which has five lists
   currently running, one for the major development products listed above.
   There are currently over 300 NZ Developers using the lists, providing a
   valuable resource of experience.

   There are also meetings held in the main centres on a regular basis.
   Special meetings are also held when notable speakers are available from
   overseas. For more details, please contact Gary or Annie.

Q. How can I contact members of the BDA and/or Borland New Zealand?
A. You can contact us at:

   Coordinator                         Technical
   Gary Benner                         Richard Vowles
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Tel: (09)-846-6067                  Tel: (09)-360-0231

   Adminstration                       Webmaster & List Administrator
   Annie Larsen                        Nic Wise
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Tel: (09)-360-0231

   FAQ Maintainer
   Mark Derricutt
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Q. What mailing lists are available?
A. There are seven mailing lists available from delphi.org.nz:
   Anounce, Delphi Technical, Delphi Offtopic, Interbase, Web Development,
   and C Plus Plus.  Further information on each mailing list is available
   at the end of this document.

Q. So how do I subscibe?
A. Simply point your web browser to http://www.delphi.org.nz and enter your
   details.  If you don't have web access, simply send an email to
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] with "subscribe <list name> <display name>" in
   the body. eg. subscribe delphi Joe Bloggs

Q. Is there a digest list available?
A. Not at moment.

Q. What else can I do with [EMAIL PROTECTED]?
A. For a complete list of the options you can change, send an email to
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] with "help" in the body".

Q. If I want to share my components with other DUG users, what can I do?
A. Firstly, *DO NOT* post binaries to any BDA mailing list, please upload
   your files to ftp.delphi.org.nz/pub/dug and email a description to the
   relevant mailing list.

Q. Where can I find out about Delphi 4?
A. There are several good sites for Delphi 4 information, some being:

   Official Inprise Delphi 4 Home Page
   http://www.inprise.com/delphi/

   The Delphi 4 Information Page
   http://www.officeauto.com/home/bclarke/d4.html

   Dr. Bobs Delphi 4 Clinic
   http://drbob42.com/delphi4/

http://www.officeauto.com/home/bclarke/d4.html

Q. Where else can I get help?
A. There are hundreds of places you can get help on using Delphi, DUG is
   just one such resource, aimed directly at the New Zealand developer.
   However, here is a short list of other usefull resources:

   DEX http://www.delphiexchange.com/tips/index.html
   Preview Delphi: http://www.preview.org/e/index.shtml
   Delphi Newbies Page: http://www.delphiexchange.com/newbie.html
   The Delphi Corner: http://www.delumpa.com/
   -THE- Search Site for Developers: http://developer.href.com

   #delphi Undernet IRC Channel Pages:
   Official #delphi Homepage: http://www.polarware.net/delphi/
   Bublebiu: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/3668/

o Annouce
  Announcements regarding the Delphi Users Group, and other matters.
  This list is not postable by anyone other than the administrator
  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

  Traffic: about 1-2 messages per month.
  Address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

o Delphi Technical List
  General discussion of Borland Delphi. Covers everything directly relevant
  to Delphi (BDE, ISAPI, Object Pascal etc)

  Traffic: about 10-20 messages per day.
  Address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

o Delphi Off Topic
  General discussion relating to Delphi - Database issues,
  copyright issues, etc.

  Traffic: Unknown at present.
  Address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

o Interbase
  General discussion of Borland Interbase on all platforms.

  Traffic: 1-2 messages per week.
  Address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

o Web Development
  General discussion of Internet development issues, especially with
  respect to Borland tools.

  Traffic: 1-2 messages per week.
  Address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

o C Plus Plus
  General discussion of Borland C++ and other C related tools.

  Traffic: ? messages per week.
  Address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

o Delphi Client Server
  <no information available>

               New Zealand Borland Developers Association FAQ
                        Maintained by Mark Derricutt
                            ([EMAIL PROTECTED])