James my penny worth. If you dont, you are liable, if you do, you are less
liable.
It is much more prevalent in the States than here, but unfortunately we are
following suit where unscrupulous characters can take money from legitimate
manufacturers, even by misuse of a product unless it is properly disclaimed.

Some years ago I designed a hand-held accounting system for asparagus
picking. Two years later a hidden timer I'd placed in the system came into
play because the company hadnt paid me for the job. To cut a long story
short; if it hadnt been for the disclaimer and good paper work I may have
gotten into trouble.
Regards,
Alistair+
PS - this should have been off-topic.