Edward,

>My problem is not only related to STRTODATE
function, it's also the problem the TDBEdit with TDateField underneath, and
all other related issues.  The reason I asked for STRTODATE is mainly
because I have an image that Delphi will doing all DATE related things
using STRTODATE logic.<

The date fields use StrToDate and StrToDateTime, so if you fix those, you
fix everything.

>So what I realy want to know is how Delphi 4.02 treat 2 digit year.<

In short, Delphi 4.02 has controllable behaviour to work intelligently with
dates. Get D4 and you have a solution. Modify D3 and you have another
solution.

Terry