Further to that, beware that old names are now property names such as
Text, Assign, Close.  New ones exist to replace them to clarify for
the compiler such as AssignFile CloseFile.  Else use System.Assign (I
think).

On 26 Feb 99 at 9:30, Siegfried Kirchmair wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that in d4 you can't compile a typed file declaration any
> more - gone or the syntax has changed???
> The help file still shows the "old" syntax.
>
> example:
>
> type
> TFileRec = record
>  time : string;
> end;
>
> var
> myFile : file of TFilerec;      -> doesn't compile.
>
> Has anyone a clue if this doesn't work at all any more or if there is
> a better way of doing it now???
>
> thanks
>  sigi
>

> CACTUS Ltd., Nelson
> Phone:03-5479383  Fax:03-5479329
> E-Mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.TheShop.co.nz
> http://www.CharterGuide.co.nz

Rohit

CFL - Computer Fanatics Ltd.  21 Barry's Point Road, AKL, New Zealand
PH    (649) 489-2280
FX    (649) 489-2290
email [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]