>> procedure MakeAnInvisibleTreeNode;
>> begin
>>   Treeview.Items.BegniUpdate;
>>   TreeView.Items.Clear;
>>   TreeView.Items.endupdate;
>>   TreeView.Items.add(nil,'I''m invisible');
>> end;

>What if you move the Add into the begin/end update pair, as in:

Whilst I haven't tried it this doesn't solve the problem since the program
flow is such that we may wish to see the tree empty between the clear
and the next repopulate.

>>   Treeview.Items.BegniUpdate;
>>   TreeView.Items.Clear;
>>   TreeView.Items.add(nil,'I''m invisible');
>>   TreeView.Items.endupdate;
>
>Does calling Invalidate / update cause the node to be drawn?

Tries, Repoaint, invalidate,  and refresh... nothing works... Tracing the
code shows that the problem seems to occur inside the wrapped MS
control as opposed to borlands wrapper itself...

--
Aaron Scott-Boddendijk
Jump Productions