Hi Steve,

Its worth mentioning to anyone using Crystal, in case they have not
realised.  The dratted thing reads every record matching the filter
of the master table primary index... and all the linked records.  It
then makes a new master table with everything in it.

Thats my understanding anyway.  :-)

On 13 Mar 99 at 17:34, Steve Peacocke wrote:

> Definately. I thought it was a real show stopper in a couple of cases. When
> I first reported it to this group, I suggested that an unsuspecting report
> can pull the whole server down.

Rohit

CFL - Computer Fanatics Ltd.  21 Barry's Point Road, AKL, New Zealand
PH    (649) 489-2280
FX    (649) 489-2290
email [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]