Is there a system API to trap all keystrokes systemwide
so that I can
                implement a kbd connected bar-code-scanner driver ?

                Rohit, excuse me if I have misunderstood your question
and am telling you something you already know, but I wonder why you need
this key trap??? With a keyboard wedge scanner, all the work is done for
you. It decodes the barcode, and fires in a stream of chars as if they
had come from the keyboard. So in your app, if the Screen.cursor is in
say a Tedit, and the scanner is used, the Tedit is populated.  It's as
simple as that. Note that you can program the scanner with prefix and
postfix chars as well, and this is often usefull to tab out of the
Current Control.