I wouldn't bother using Coolbars, dockable toolbars etc.  Because
it's new stuff it tends to be buggy - so it takes up a lot of time playing
with it - and then your users tend to find it confusing rather than helpful :-(
!

I was using dockable toolbars in my app - but I removed them because
I had users complaining that when they clicked on disabled buttons that
the toolbars would pop out....save yourself the hassle and don't bother
with them!  :-)

Cheers,
Eliot