Patrick.... there are a number of approaches.  I have done number-2
in the past and will be doing number-1 in the next app.

1.  Comprehensive.  Create a log file of all changes to all records
of all tables as they are made and use this to sync your database.

2.  Make the site that created the record (such as client or bill) the
    owner.  Then, only the owner may change it.  At the end of the
day, generate 32bit crcs for each record and transmit.  The pcs can
then arbitrate as to which record needs to get copied where.

3.  As number-2 except that - Stamp each record with last mod date.
And use this instead of CRC.  It simplifies it.  If I am the owner of
the record and I modified it since the last merge date, I send it to
the other PCs.

On  2 May 99 at 22:23, Patrick Dunford wrote:

> Has anyone done a project like this?
>
> Is pcAnyWhere limited to downloading the complete database files and
> uploading them so a program on the server can synchronise, or is it a bit
> more sophisticated than that/
>
> How do you synchronise say three remote clients that all dial in at
> different times and might have all changed the same record since they last
> downloaded?

> Patrick Dunford, Christchurch, NZ
> http://patrick.dunford.com/

Rohit

CFL - Computer Fanatics Ltd.  21 Barry's Point Road, AKL, New Zealand
PH    (649) 489-2280
FX    (649) 489-2290
email [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]