> I Have to do a whole stack of files and directories ??
>
> Richard
I've been toying with the idea of making a freeware duplicator program which
doesnt do a diskcopy as such, which slows replication down. There is a whole
heap of stuff:
http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/delphi/
One Ive picked up looks interesting:
'TFileCopy is a component designed for very fast copy of files without
external, coarse calls involving the O.S.
Furthermore it provides to send to the calling form (by the API
SendMessage)'

More of interest to me is the ability to change the stepping rate which can
be adjusted to speed up disk i/o considerably. I'm not sure if this is being
used in TFileCopy.
Regards,
Alistair+