Well chaps and chapesses, thanks kindly for the info. That just goes to show
that we should always run some sort of memory leak program to check our
software I guess.
Now I have to run through my code and make sure there is no dirty washing in
redundant bitmaps floating around.

that has been a very interesting lesson insofar as it does clear up a
difference between variables and bitmaps allocation and deallocation.

> PS: Big Al, I just loved your role in 'South Park'. Any chance of an
> autographed video?
well, if it was me, the movie would have been a bummer I assure you!