From: Aaron Scott-Boddendijk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, 02 August 1999 02:21 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject: [DUG]: TListView and Updating an item

I have a number of forms with TListViews in Report mode

Everythings fine with the use of the control, loading it up, etc... for
static data...

unfortunately I want to have an edit dialog connect to the data in the
object associated
with each list item...

1. Objects read from DB - Object selfload into the listview.
2. User opens dialog with object to be edited.
3. Changes are made to the object, the listItem and the Database
4. Dialog closes.

At step 4 the changes to the listitem have not displayed... All properties
of the listItem
check out correctly using debug code but still the listview displays the
data before the
update.

Note that TListItem.Update doesn't do it, nor does TLIstItem.Makevisible or
TListView.Invalidate.

Any known bugs in this area or guesses as to what I can do to notify the
ListView that one of it's
items has changed.

Also has anyone noticed that ListItem.Assign(AnotherListItem) causes the
TListView
checkboxes property to be enabled.

--
Aaron Scott-Boddendijk