I am having problems with queries again - (I need a decent book on SQL -
any recommendations?).

I have query that (in a simplified version) does;
    SELECT Teacher, Students, OtherStuff, Count(MaleFemale) As
NumberOfGirls
    FROM MySchoolTable  // a table listing teachers, students
    WHERE MaleFemale = 'Girl'
    GROUP BY (Teacher)

This would return a list of teachersand the number of girls they have
teacher | girls
----------------------------
Mr  X, 14
Mrs Y, 20

which is the number of girls

probablm is that I want the result set to return the number of girls
_and_ boys - ie:
teacher | girls | boys
----------------------------
Mr  X, 14, 16
Mrs Y, 20, 10

Can I do something like
... Count(MaleFemale) As NumberOfBoys where MaleFemale = Boy?

If any one is interested the actual table looks like:
SELECT CadID, Cads.PcbID, Cads.LastCollection, Count(SeqNO) As
CollCount
FROM Telfiles LEFT OUTER JOIN Cads
ON Telfiles.cadid = cads.cadid
WHERE FileType < 70
GROUP BY cadiD, PCBID, LastCollection

BTW - thanks for the help on the my previous query of queries as the

Grant Black
Software Developer
SmartMove (NZ) Ltd
Phone:     +64 9 361-0219 extn 719