Use SQL DDL to Append a temp field, copy data, Delete & Add the old
field with the new type ie
..
ALTER TABLE a_table ADD tempfield STRING
INSERT INTO tempfield SELECT thefield
ALTER TABLE a_table DROP thefield
ALTER TABLE a_table ADD thefield INTEGER
copy data back..
ALTER TABLE DROP tempfield

Grant Black
Software Developer