From: Wilfred Verkley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 1999 2:38 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject: RE: [DUG]: Colour Problem

>From memory TColor=longint

It stores a color in BGR format (ie $FF0000=blue, $00FF00=green,
$0000FF=red), where each color component is one byte, with the extra
high-order byte holding information about the system color it represents
(?).

A word, being only 16-bit aint enough to hold a TColor constant.  Your
example of $FFFF is green and red mixed together making yellow.

Wilfred.