No (nothing to do with lib paths),
It's to do with the number of Icons. So if you end up installing enough
components again, the problem will reappear.

The usual solution is to have a good video card (and driver) - with lots of
RAM helps eg 4/8Mb plus.

The problem normally occurs as all the icons (this is due to TImageList
problems) do not fit into the space allocated on the video driver card and
some of the icons (or perhaps all) end up in main memory, and hence it all
gets stuffed up.

Perhaps the motto is "you pay for what you get .."

Myles.