What stay with D3?
Give me D4 or D5 anyday. They may have some minor issues, but the IDE
improvements do make a large difference to development.

I consider D4.03 to be more stable than D5 in what I regard as some
important areas.
You notice this quite quick when developing your own packages/components
that have to be installed into the IDE. eg If you compile a package that has
been installed, it works okay in D4, in D5 you get variable results -
especially if you have descendants of "TField". I now have to exit and
restart D5 after a recompile of a package that includes any TField
descendants.

Most problems I have had are caused by bugs in our own components.

Myles.