> Nothing that uses a web browser. HTML is a VERY basic page description
> language. ActiveX is a security hole wide enough to sail the
> titanic thru.

I mostly agree but for simple one page apps a HTMl/DHTML + scripting can be
OK.

> I'd be thinking about either another delivery mechanism
> (custom APP that talks HTTP maybe, ala Virtual Spectator), or something
like Flash or
> Director, which is a little more trust-worthy than ActiveX.
Thats pretty much what I prefer as well - I use ICS components & use that to
pass custom messages.  Napster another good example of this sort of app.
Of course, you can use ActiveX to distribute your application (or trojan
<g>)...

> Sorry for sounding down on this, but I've seen browsers used
> for SO many things that they were never designed for, and failing
miserably.

yes!

- Grant