Dear Lisandro,

>>  1) Need I  a TSession and TDatabase with different names for each query that I
>will execute concurrently ?
>>       Eg :      Query1.databasename := 'db1';
>>                   Query1.sessionName := 'se1';

>>                   Query2.databasename := 'db2';
>>                   Query2.sessionName := 'se2';

The easy way to do is to create a TDataModule, put TDatabase and TSession and TQuery
in it, set TSession property AutoSessionName to true. And in your main form, you can
create as many TDataModule as you like, you may save it in a list, so you got a query
pool.

>>  2) This will cause "n" connections (sessions) with the DB, OK ? (One for
>>each query executing). So, if i buy a server with ten connections
>>concurrently and my app use five them, I can only have two app running at
>>me time ?
Yes. There is a BDE setting, even if you just run one application, if you do not care
about that setting, BDE will automatically allocate more connection to satisfy the
database speed.
MS SQL Server license grant you base on computer connection, this means you can have
as many connection as you like from one computer. But there is little confusion here.
Because I heard Oracle and SQL server and SYBASE do not allow you to use hardware or
software to bypass license agreement.

Hope this can help you.

Best Regards
Leigh Wanstead

----------
I'm developing a application that need execute multiple queries concurrently
(only selects) over a Oracle server. So I have some questions about. Thank´s
for your attention :

  1) Need I  a TSession and TDatabase with different names for each query
that I will execute concurrently ?
       Eg :      Query1.databasename := 'db1';
                   Query1.sessionName := 'se1';

                   Query2.databasename := 'db2';
                   Query2.sessionName := 'se2';

  2) This will cause "n" connections (sessions) with the DB, OK ? (One for
each query executing). So, if i buy a server with ten connections
concurrently and my app use five them, I can only have two app running at
same time ?

Att

Lisandro Rueckert

application/ms-tnef