[forwarded/paraphrased from Alice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>]

Just thought I would send you a quick update on our upcoming Borland
Conferences in Wellington and Auckland this month!

The conference includes two tutorials which may be of interest to you: "J
Builder & Java for Delphi Developers" and "Web Developement for Delphi and
C++ Builder Developers".

Below are the full details for the conference:

BORLAND CONFERENCE – BorCon Tutorials Revisited
Following the huge success at last year's Borland Conference Australia & New
Zealand, Inprise New Zealand will be running a series of seminars covering
the most popular tutorials from BorCon '99.  Following are details on the
hot topics to be covered…

JBUILDER & JAVA FOR DELPHI DEVELOPERS:
=======================================
Presenter: Richard Vowles, Inprise New Zealand
Prerequisites: This session assumes an intermediate level of Delphi skills
This tutorial will introduce the Java language, environment and the JBuilder
IDE from the perspective of a Delphi developer.  The focus of the session
will be to introduce attendees to the skills they'll need to get productive
in Java.  This will be achieved by comparing, where appropriate, Delphi
implementations of problems to Java implementations.  Amongst some of the
topics covered will be:

+ the Java environment - classpaths, jar files and more
+ files used in the Java environment
+ the JBuilder IDE "working with classes and objects
+ common Java language constructs
+ exception handling
+ container classes
+ database connectivity
+ GUI creation
+ Javabeans
+ and more!

WEB DEVELOPEMENT WITH DELPHI & C++ BUILDER:
Presenter: Nic Wise, Inprise New Zealand
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of Delphi/Object Pascal.
This tutorial discusses the various Web development options available to
Delphi and C++ Builder developers.  Following a brief introduction to Web
Development, we will compare
+ ActiveForms,
+ ASP Objects,
+ the WebBroker Architecture,
+ and the Internet Express technology new in Delphi 5.

Practical, working examples will be included.

THE AGENDA:
07.30am – 08.00am - Registration for JBuilder and Java for Delphi Developers
08.00am – 10.00am - JBuilder an Java for Delphi Developers Part I
10.00am – 10.15am - Morning tea
10.15am – 12 noon - JBuilder and Java for Delphi Developers Part II
12 noon - 01.00pm - Lunch for all attendees
12.30pm – 01.00pm - Registration for Web Development with Delphi & C++
Builder
01.00pm – 03.00pm - Web Development with Delphi & C++ Builder Part I
03.00pm – 03.15pm - Afternoon tea
03.15pm – 05.00pm - Web Development with Delphi & C++ Builder Part II
DATES & LOCATIONS:

Wellington
Tuesday 09 May 2000
Plaza International Hotel
148 – 176 Wakefield Street

Auckland
Thursday 11 May 2000
Carlton Hotel
Corner Mayoral Drive & Vincent Street

1 Tutorial Only NZ$299 + GST!
2 Tutorials Only NZ$499 + GST!

REGISTRATION:
Register your place now!
Website:        www.borland.co.nz/borcon99/
Phone:  (09) 360 0231

If you have any queries or you require any further assistance you can
contact Alice Kennedy at our office on (09) 360 0231 extn: 232, or via
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm sure she will be happy to help in any way she can.

Hope to see you there!

Nic.
--
Nic Wise - 021.676.418 / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / Inprise/Borland New Zealand
Is it not a foolish man, said little Woo, who keeps all his chickens in his