Yeah,
that's what I've discovered so far is that you can't put spaces in it.  I
think I've been round this loop before, but my memory is going with age :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Nic Wise [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, 3 May 2000 15:42
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject: RE: [DUG]: Interbase Queries

Yup, I think:

select myfield as MyNewFieldName

I'm just not sure you can quote it - or put spaces in it.

Nic Wise - 021.676.418 / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / Inprise/Borland New Zealand
Is it not a foolish man, said little Woo, who keeps all his chickens in his
trousers?
For at best, will he not suffocate his chickens, and, and worst, will he not
disappoint the ladies in the village?  --Alexi Sayle