I wouldn't touch the Outlook Security patch if you have any software that uses the Object Model. This security patch is one of the worst, heavy handed approaches to a fix Microsoft has released.

Jason
-----Original Message-----
From: Max Renshaw-Fox [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, 23 June 2000 10:26 a.m.
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject: [DUG]: Life Stages Worm - fixes

Firstly apologies.

If you received a LIFE_STAGES.TXT.SHS shell scrap worm attachment in the last 24 hours - It has been propagated out of my MS Outlook email.

The Symantec fix (appears to be the best) is at http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/fix.vbs.stages.html (download from the fixlife.exe link). There are also instructions for manual cleaning at the bottom of the page.

The McAfee information is at http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=98668& (it has a very thorough explanation of what the worm does).

The Microsoft Outlook 98 / 2000 security patch is at http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/2000/downloadDetails/Out2ksec.htm (this needs to be configured after installation).

Again apologies.

Max Renshaw-Fox