We are (yet again) considering Midas - for a system that has to run
immediately following major disaster (especially earthquake) where
networks, telecoms and power are unlikely to be immediately available.

The attraction of Midas this time is that independent laptops could be used
for dataentry and then reconciled with main database when server and
network restored later, than to the clientdataset structure.

Question though. We would really like data to flow into major tables that
make use of unique ids generated by triggers from Oracle sequences. How
do you cope with this kind of data model in a Midas environment. Several
laptops could be use - id collision looks likely. I can think of some
complicated solutions but wondered if there were elegant ones since this
must be a common scenario (use of server-supplied unique ids).

Phil Scadden, Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences
41 Bell Rd South, PO Box 30368, Lower Hutt, New Zealand
Ph +64 4 5704821, fax +64 4 5704603