I've been trying to find the most painless way to get HTML documents to show
up in my application (within my own forms alongside other controls etc...)
and finally came across this package called "HTML Components" from
www.pbear.com.

It's not an ActiveX wrapper for the IE or Mosaic browser, but an HTML viewer
written from scratch (you get source code when you purchase!).

[begin the actual question]
I was just wondering if anyone else had any experience with this package, or
knew of any others (before we commit to it).  It seems pretty good so far to
me.

To avoid duplicatino, the other things that I have already tried are
  - FastNET controls.  I found these to be unreliable & buggy (tables aren't
implemented completely, printing misses out on some pages every now and
then, etc etc)
  - Internet Explorer TWebBrowser ActiveX.  Why punish my users like this??
    actually the problems with IE were:
      using the OLECMD interface to copy to clipboard was hopeless (get
errors to do with drop targets not being registered & trying to be revoked
etc)
      the install file is rediculously large and I couldn't get it to
install reliably in passive mode anyway
  - Mosaic ActiveX - well, didn't give this much of a chance but it *is* in
beta still
  - Opera - no ActiveX interface available
But I don't want to use ActiveX anyway (after the harrowing experience with
IE)

Mike

winmail.dat