>Thanks....I saw that in the Help, but for SOME reason I thought it was a
lot
>more complicated than that.....maybe I was thinking of getting wave files
or

ISTR it WAS a lot more complicated in 16bit windows - the usual
rigamarole of getting a handle and locking it - then getting the text then
unlocking it.

Also it's not clear to me if you have to worry about unicode issues if the
same EXE is supposed to work in 95 and NT.   Delphi somehow spares us this
worry when it "knows about" the resource - but if you are constructing it
some
other way you might have to deal with this yourself.    I'm not sure.

rgds