Hi

We have a program which creates a PDF file for sending to clients via
email.
We have a small problem with a timing issue and believe it is related to
the flushing of the machine
cache.
The program executes fine and immediately after the report has created
the PDF file it is
attached to a email and sent to a client. The problem is that sometimes
the attached
PDF file is empty. We put a check for file just before it is attached to
the message and
quite a number of times it shows that it doesn't exist.
We've just added a counter and done a IF FILEEXISTS(pdf) on each loop
and the counter
and get up to anywhere from 1 to 3000 before the file is physically
created on disk.

Does anyone know how to get around this without having to basically
having to pause the program
or how it get the machine to flush the cache so the file is created
before we want to use it?

Regards
Eion McIntosh