> IB6, D5 Ent, IBX, concurrent read/write access.
>
> I need help on ways of using Transactions (the online help is hopeless).
>
> 1). Setting params.

Pass - I usually use the second one, but I also usually get slapped for
using it, tho I'm still not sure why.

> 2). Do I need to call StartTransaction/Commit(RollBack)
> explicitly for EVERY
> db access?

no, just on updates/inserts/deletes. Selects are OK.
something like:

try
  conn.startTransaction;
  qryGeneral.sql.clear;
  qryGeneral.sql.add('update mytable set myvalue = 1');
  qryGeneral.execSQL;
  conn.commitTransaction;
except
  conn.rollbackTransaction;
end;

> 3). Any advises on known issues.

If you are also using MIDAS, or thread, you need a TIBTransaction object for
EACH query, regardless of what its doing.

Get the latest version from interbase.com and/or interbase2000.org