From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Myles Penlington
Sent: Friday, 15 September 2000 10:02
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject: RE: [DUG]: How to stop mouse cursor from changing

If you want to stop this, you need to change the source code - look for the
cursor being set.

This is no different to when using the BDE (sort of - the BDE uses a timer,
so only changes the cursor if things take too long (from memory - code is in
dbtables that does this)).

The reason this is done, is that if a query takes a long time eg 20 seconds
or more, then the user has feedback that something is being done - ie they
cannot do anything else (eg type etc (not quite true)) until the cursor has
gone back to it's normal shape.

You could do the same kind of thing that the TQuery etc do.

Myles.