From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Nello Sestini
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2000 2:54 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject: Re: [DUG]: Lines That Repaint

Alan

BitBlt and some other related functions (MaskBlt, PatBlt, PlgBlt)
aren't really Delphi functions - they're functions in gdi32.lib
i.e. they're part of the Win32 GDI.

but they're easy to use with D5 TBitmaps because all you need
is the handle for the underlying windows object - and that's
available to you via the TBitmap.handle property.

The only way i can figure out to navigate to the Delphi
help on these is to type "bitblt" into a source window,
right click it and choose "topic search" (or hit F1).

That should bring up the D5 Win32API help.   From there
if you hit the "Overview" button you should get an
index of all the Bitmap related Win32 functions.

One note of warning - be alert to differences in these
functions across windows platforms.   They don't always
work the same way in NT and 9x for example.   Overlooking
this fact had me going in circles for days once with
a bug that depended on quirky behaviour in MaskBlt.

good luck

-ns